Saturday, January 11, 2014

Best of 2013

2013 was a great and exciting year for me. I was able to get in a little travel, met, and photographed some incredibly talented and wonderful people. Below are a selection of my favorite images that I made in 2013.


In October I was sent to West Point to photograph retired P&G president and CEO Bob McDonald and his wife Diane with a focus on the McDonald Cadet Leadership Conference that they founded. During my time at west point, former Secretary of State Madeline Albright was awarded the 2013 Thayer Award. "The Thayer Award, established in honor of Col. Sylvanus Thayer, 'Father of the Military Academy,' is presented to an outstanding citizen whose service and accomplishments in the national interest exemplify the Military Academy motto, "Duty, Honor, Country." The Association of Graduates has presented the award annually since 1958." Bob and Diane are amazing and inspiring people. This image was shot during the Thayer Award Ceremony of a West Point Cadet watching Madeline Albright speak.



Every summer, friends and I travel the short distance from Cincinnati to Brookeville to canoe and float down the Whitewater river. We've been doing it for years and what started with a group of 6-10 has turned into a group of over 30 that makes the trip each year. I've been working on a book about the experience for the last two years that hopefully will come to realization someday.




This past spring I was on a short week long skateboarding trip from San Francisco to Los Angeles. This was shot on the last day of the trip just before heading to the airport. Aaron is an incredibly talented skateboarder and an all-around great guy. Click the link below to check out his work.

Braille Skateboarding



Mark Roosevelt, President of Antioch College. Mark is the great grandson of U.S. president Theodore Roosevelt. A nice man who is very comfortable in front of a camera.  



My insanely talented friend and skateboarder made a trip from LA to Cincinnati to film and get some photos this past fall. The boat in the background really makes this photo to me. As I saw the boat coming into the frame, I was mentally screaming at Doug to hurry on his roll up to make sure it made it into the shot.


Thanks again to all the amazing people who gave me photographic opportunities in 2013,  I'm looking forward to what 2014 brings.

1 comment: